Any notice or document which is evidence of severance or transfer from military service and which contains a service record from the armed forces of the Unites States, including but not limited to the Department of Defense form DD214, shall be recorded, free of charge, for any person. The original document must be presented.

Images of military discharge document or copies thereof shall only be made available to an authorized party by submitting a notarized request form to the Recorders Office, pursuant to statute 59.480. This law was intended to protect the identity of our veterans.

There is no fee charged for recording the original document or for certifying a copy for an authorized person.

A link is provided to download the Military Discharge Request Form.